Birch Lake Minnesota
Houseboat and cabin rentals on Birch Lake in the Superior Natonal Forest near Ely Minnesota and the Boundary Waters Wilderness Canoe Area BWCA and Quetico Provincial Park.
- Birch Lake with over 100 miles of undeveloped heavily forested shoreline, rocky points, picturesque islands and sheltered bays was chosen by Boating World Magazine as one of Minnesota's most scenic lakes. Adjacent to the famous Boundary Waters Canoe Area, with its numerous campsites and trophy Walleye and Northern fishing, it is an ideal area for family houseboating, fishing, swimming and enjoying nature at its finest.
- Birch Lake is located in the Superior national Forest and contains many remote campsites ideal for houseboating. While houseboating on the lake is popular, other boating activities can make the trip complete. A small boat can be taken to the base of the frothy rapids of the Stony River or you can paddle a canoe up the Kawishiwi River - which enters the lake on the northeast corner - into the Boundary Waters Canoe Area, BWCA.
- Timber Bay Lodge and Houseboats is the only full service marina on Birch Lake and is located at the southwest end of the lake near the town of Babbitt.
- See a map of Birch Lake Minnesota
- Get more info on Birch Lake from the DNR.